Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bike Commute

In an effort to continue to loose some weight - which I have.  I did a lot of commuting on my bike this summer.  It was a lot of fun and I have to admit I have an ideal bike commute (17 miles, mostly on paved trails).  One thing that makes it worthwhile is that I have an ideal commuting bike and I travel very light.  My bike is actually a road racing bike with Ultegra and Dura-Ace components.  It is SO EASY TO PEDAL!  It seems like I can pedal three or four times and coast for a mile.  However, "spinning" on the commute is ideal.  I love video and decided to video one of my rides home:




Unfortunately, the camera I was using was new to me so it kept drooping and cutting out the sky. I ended up using a video camera on most of my commutes this summer in hopes of seeing a moose or bear (I usually see a lot of moose and a few bear on my rides).  Unfortunately, so far this year, I have seen very little wildlife on my rides.  However, I decided to edit together another video, sans drooping, and made it even shorter and can be found here:



Both videos look a little choppy in their default mode - however, they are filmed in HD and if you select 720P in the lower right corner of the video they look a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment